By login into the Rockspace WiFi range extender, you may configure the extender’s settings. If you don’t know how to log in to the Rockspace range extender, this article will come in handy. In this guide, we’ll go through how to connect Rackspace Range Extender to your existing wifi network and log in to it.
What Are The Requirements?
- Initially, you must have both the extender as well as router available.
- Other than that, the ID and password for the extender’s dashboard login. It might be on the box or beneath the device. If you change your password, enter the latest one.
- Also, the browser that you use on your PC or mobile device.
Configuration of the Rockspace Range Extender
Fortunately, the installation of a Rockspace range extender is very easy and simple. See the list below for information on how to set up the Rockspace range extender.
1. The WPS Approach
First, attach the plug to the outlet, and turn it on. After then, wait for the LED to become blue. To begin, ensure that the extender and wifi router is in the same room.
2. Rockspace Extender WPS Setup
- Once the LED light on the router turns blue, press the WPS button. Wait for the repeater signal’s LED light to turn blue.
- Now, push the WPS button on the extension within two minutes after activating the WPS button on the router.
- Without interrupting the power supply, you can now take the extender to its new location. But, check and ensure that there is enough space among both devices – the router and extender.
3. Setting Up an Ethernet Cable
- To begin with, connect your PC and WiFi extender together using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, on your machine’s web browser, go to the Rockspace extender login page. Enter either http://192.168.0.254 or re.rockspace.local into the address bar of your web browser.
- Thereafter, a login page will appear. Enter the login credentials from the Rockspace wifi extender’s box. After logging in, you will get to the Rockspace wifi extender setup portal of the extender.
- Further, to proceed with the setup, select the extender option now.
- Now, if you follow the on-screen instructions, you will see the steps on how to set up the wifi extender. At this point, you may install the wifi extender by following the on-screen directions.
- After that, click the save button to make the changes.
- Now after this, relocate the extender. Before moving the Rockspace range extender, you must disconnect it.
- The Rockspace range extender should be put halfway between your wifi router and the locations with dead network connections.
- In the end, after hooking in the extender, connect your device to it. Check to see whether the dead network extender can connect to the internet.
Login Procedures for Rockspace Range Extender
To access the Rockspace Range Extender, follow the steps outlined below.
- First, link the extender to your computer or smartphone
- Secondly, you can wirelessly link your extender may to your PC or mobile device.
- Next, navigate to the “rockspace ext” wifi network on your PC or mobile device.
- At last, connect to the wifi network of the extender immediately.
Launch Your Web Browser
After connecting your device to the wifi network, launch your web browser.
- In your web browser, type http://192.168.0.254 or re.rockspace.local. A login page should be ready now. If the re-rockspace local not working, then power cycle your device and try again.
- Now, enter your details into the login form. After successfully entering the ID and password You will be sent to the dashboard of the Rockspace Range Extender.
- From here, you can easily change the settings of the extender you’re using. You may instantly change the network’s settings, such as its name, password, and security.
Rockspace Extender Not Working Issue – Possible Solution
Because of changes in the home network or misconfiguration, the Rockspace extender may stop working.
There are various reasons why a Rockspace extender does not operate and cannot connect to the home network.
The possible circumstances and solutions include.
1. The Extender Has no Signal Light.
If you don’t see a solid signal light on the extender, it’s no longer in connection with the router. It happens when you change the router configuration, update the firmware, or change the wifi password.
2. The Rockspace Extender is Broken.
- First, try power cycling your extender if you haven’t updated the firmware.
- Second, if you change your main WiFi password, you must reset your Rockspace extender and reconfigure it with the new password.
- Third, if you don’t know how to RESET Rockspace extenders.
- Finally, make sure that the extender isn’t linked to a surge protector.
3. A Red Light Illuminates the Rockspace Extender
A red light on the extender indicates a connectivity issue. Mostly, it happens when your Rockspace extender cannot get a wifi signal from the main router. Or, when there are multiple obstructions between the router and the extender.
Use the troubleshooting procedures given below to resolve this issue.
· Link them to extend your wireless network. The distance they can go varies depending on the model. Check the directions and make sure the extender is in the right position.
· Examine your router’s WiFi channel settings. Switch to the Auto mode or increase the number of channels.
· Try upgrading the firmware on your router to enhance performance.
4. Blinking Light Rockspace Extender
If your extender keeps flashing, it might be due to a hardware issue or a defective firmware update. Your extender shutting down during the firmware upgrade is what caused the failed firmware update.
Follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below to fix this problem.
- First, reset your Rockspace extender if you need. Press the Reset button for 20 seconds while the gadget is connected.
- Now, attempt to update or reload the firmware.
- In case, if your equipment is still under warranty, try to replace it.
This blog contains all of the necessary information for configuring the Rockspace WiFI Range extender. Read the instructions attentively and have an incredible experience of quick and continuous internet connections by configuring your range extender to your network.