Women experiencing lower back pain and spotting after having intercourse must consult a gynecologist. The specialist will conduct tests to diagnose the illness and its severity to opt for a suitable treatment plan. Women must remain conscious of their physical health and seek medical attention to avoid complications.
Cervical dysplasia refers to abnormal cell growth in the cervix. The patient suffering from cervical dysplasia exhibits no symptoms; however, a pap smear test can help diagnose the illness and its severity. Women between eighteen and thirty-five are at a higher risk of suffering from cervical dysplasia. However, the treatment is proven effective for a smooth recovery and prevents further physical health problems.
Women must annually get screening tests to prevent the chances of suffering from gynecological problems and cancer. Timely diagnosis can help prevent permanent damage and further complications. The common symptoms of cervical dysplasia are:
- The patient suffers from genital warts and related complications.
- Women experience irregular bleeding that can affect their physical health.
- The patient suffers from spotting after intercourse due to abnormal growth of cells in the cervix. It causes the patient to suffer from extreme pain and discomfort.
- The person experiences pain during intercourse, which can affect their relationship and cause anxiety.
- The patient can notice unusual vaginal discharge of darker color.
- The individual suffers from constant pain in the lower back. It affects their movement and causes hindrance in the completion of everyday tasks.
The known causes of cervical dysplasia are:
- The Human Papilloma Virus can cause the abnormal development of cells in the cervix. It is sexually transmittable. Hence, women must remain conscious of their sexual health. It is best to have safe sex by using condoms and having one partner at a time to prevent the spread.
- The Human Papilloma Virus can be transferred from the mother to the child.
- Young girls under the age of eighteen having unsafe sex are at a higher risk of suffering from cervical dysplasia and related complications.
- Women becoming mothers at the age of sixteen and below are at a higher risk of suffering from cervical dysplasia.
- Smoking and chewing tobacco can affect physical and mental health. Hence, women must avoid using illicit drugs that can cause complications, including cervical dysplasia.
- Women with proper medical conditions and weak immune systems should monitor their body changes as they are at a higher risk of suffering from cervical dysplasia.
The preventive measures are:
- Women suffering from abnormal bleeding and vaginal discharge should consult a doctor and avoid engaging in sexual activities to prevent the spread.
- Individuals should be vaccinated against the virus before becoming sexually active.
- Women must be aware of safe sex to prevent complications that can affect their physical health.
- Women should invest in annual screening for early diagnosis and timely treatment to prevent the chances of suffering from cervical cancer.
The complications associated with cervical dysplasia are:
- The women notice changes in their menstrual cycle, which can cause hormonal imbalance. It affects the functioning of vital organs.
- The women exhibiting signs of cervical dysplasia must seek medical attention for treatment. The untreated condition can lead to cervical cancer and affect the quality of life.
- The obstruction of the cervical canal can cause the patient to suffer from infertility.
The tests that help diagnose the individual suffering from cervical dysplasia are:
- The pap smear test helps examine the cells taken from the cervix to diagnose the illness and its severity.
- Colposcopy is a test that uses a magnifying device to detect the abnormal development of cells in the cervix.
- The biopsy examines the sample tissue to detect if the individual is suffering from cancer as a complication of untreated cervical dysplasia.
Women exhibiting symptoms of cervical dysplasia should not delay their visit to a doctor to avoid further complications. It is best to consult a competent and reliable gynecologist in Islamabad for guidance regarding the effective and latest treatment plan for smooth recovery.